The scheme encompasses Bronze, Silver and Gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate and advocate support to defence and the armed forces’ Community, and align their values with the Armed Forces’ Covenant.
SE RFCA are proud to announce, 28 employers have been awarded the prestigious Silver Award. The Award Ceremony should have taken place aboard the historic ship HMS Victory Portsmouth in early September. Despite the current restrictions of COVID-19, SE RFCA will continue to host a virtual ceremony congratulating the awardees.
The Lord-Lieutenant of Hampshire, Nigel Atkinson Esq will virtually present 28 businesses (21 private, 3 public and 5 not for profit organisations) with their Silver Employer Recognition Award.
Lord-Lieutenant of Hampshire, Nigel Atkinson Esq said:
I would like to congratulate each of the 2020 Silver Employer Engagement Award winners. The quality of nominations was again extremely high this year and to make the final selection is a real testament to their company’s dedication, enthusiasm and hard work to support and advocate for the Armed Forces community. As President of the south-east Reserve Forces’ & Cadets’ Association, I am sorry that I was unable to thank these individuals in person due to covid-19, however it should not steer away from the importance of the positive and tangible help these businesses give to the armed forces family and their wonderful support to defence.
The following businesses are now recognised as Silver Awardees:
- Aspire Oxfordshire, Oxford
- Cherwell District Council, Banbury.
- Content Guru, Bracknell
- Diamond Light Source Ltd, Didcot
- Forces Family Finance, Chatham
- The HPower Group, Windsor
- i3 Gen Ltd, Alresford
- ITURRI, Banbury
- Made to Measure Mentoring Ltd, Leatherhead
- Mobile Broadband Network Limited, Reading
- MLL Telecom, Marlow
- Models for Heroes, Newbury
- Quadratek Infrastructure Limited, Hartley Wintney
- SDR Strength Ltd, Basingstoke
- STS Defence, Gosport
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Worthing
- Thames Water, Reading
- UKCloudX, Farnborough
- 3M UK Plc, Bracknell
- BAM Nuttall. Camberley
- Capgemini UK Plc, Woking
- Civil Nuclear Constabulary, Abingdon
- Costain Group Plc, Maidenhead
- Lockheed Martin UK, London
- Naval Families Federation, Portsmouth
- NHBS, Milton Keynes
- Oracle Corporation, Reading
- The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity, Portsmouth.
MBNL’s Managing Director, Gervase King:
I am the Managing Director of MBNL and empathise with many of my ex-Military colleagues that the transition from being a member of the armed services into a civilian job and life can be hard for some. This is why I have continued to ensure our recruitment policies support Reservists and am proud to have 10% of our colleagues being Veterans at MBNL. I am a great supporter of the work that the Armed Forces resettlement teams do and I hope that seeing MBNL’s commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant will reassure members of the serving and reserve Military that we are a great place to work.
Naval Families Federation:
We are absolutely thrilled to have been awarded the Silver ERS Award. Through our engagement with Royal Navy and Royal Marines families we have a deep understanding of the challenges that they face with regard to securing meaningful employment and career progression. It is, therefore, incredibly important to us that we demonstrate good employment practice in support of this community.
- October 12, 2020 at 5:26 pm by Editor (displayed above)
- October 12, 2020 at 5:26 pm by Editor