On 12 April 2022 winding up orders were made against ALRA (Company Number: 04306353) and the court appointed the Official Receiver as Liquidator.

The Official Receiver’s duty is to wind-down ALRA, for the benefit of the company’s creditors. The Official Receiver also has a duty to enquire into the conduct of current and former directors.

Information for students

ALRA is in liquidation and has ceased to trade, with all services cancelled.

Current students should contact the St Mary’s University Helpline on alra.support@stmarys.ac.uk or call 020 8240 8284 for help and advice.

Information for employees

If you’ve been told that you are being made redundant, the information in this section provides advice about claiming money you’re owed and where you can seek support.

Who is eligible?

You can apply to the Insolvency Service for redundancy and other payments if:

You cannot apply to the Insolvency Service if you live in Northern Ireland. Find out about your rights in Northern Ireland if your employer is insolvent.

How to apply

The Official Receiver will give you details about how to apply and will also give you a case reference number (for example CN12345678).

Once you have this information you can apply online.

What you can apply for

What you can apply for depends on your circumstances. The Insolvency Service can pay:

  • redundancy pay: if you’ve worked for ALRA for at least 2 years
  • pro rata holiday pay (known as ‘holiday pay accrued’): the unused leave you were entitled to take between the start of your leave year and the date you were made redundant.
  • holiday pay taken (HPT): if ALRA hasn’t paid you for annual leave you took before being made redundant
  • money you’re owed by ALRA: for example unpaid wages, overtime and commission
  • statutory notice pay: if you’ve worked for ALRA for at least 1 month

There are caps on what we can pay you for each type of claim. Find out how much we can pay you.

Information for creditors

You will need to register as a creditor in the liquidation if:

  • you have not been paid for goods or services you’ve supplied to ALRA (in liquidation)
  • you have paid ALRA (in liquidation) for goods or services that you have not received
  • you are a worker or self-employed contractor who provided services to ALRA

To register as a creditor you will need to complete a Proof of Debt form which you should then email: ALRA@insolvency.gov.uk.

Once you have registered and the Official Receiver receives your Proof of Debt form they will add you to the list of creditors and include you on future correspondence about the case.

    Contributed By

    Revision History:

    By Editor

    Leave a Reply

    ALRA in liquidation: information for students, employees and, creditors

    by Editor time to read: 2 min