The British Embassy in Bucharest is seeking applications for projects related to the UK’s priorities as part of its Presidency of the Conference of Parties on Climate Change and host of the COP26 summit in November 2021, among which deal with:
- clean growth: focus on renewable energy; tackling emissions; clean growth in sectors such as power, transport and industry
- green finance: the green transformation of the financial sector
- nature-based solutions: mitigate climate change and biodiversity loss; restoration of natural habitats and ecosystems
- adaptation and resilience: helping communities to prepare for natural disasters
- youth and civil society engagement in environmental social action.
- supporting efforts to raise public awareness about climate change and its socio-economic impact.
Further details of the UK’s climate change ambition and priorities can be found at www.ukcop26.org
If you wish to submit a proposal, please do so by midnight (Bucharest time) on Thursday 26 November.
- proposals and their budgets should be in RON
- maximum budget limit: RON 48,571
- activity should be completed by 15 March 2021
- project proposals must have a clear purpose supported by achievable and measurable outputs (e.g. events and reports) and outcomes (i.e. what the project aims to help address through its activity).
- project proposals should demonstrate that the staffing level is appropriate to the aim of the project and that the staff have relevant expertise and experience in the field
Bids will be assessed by the British Embassy Projects Board against the following criteria:
- alignment with the above-mentioned thematic priorities and outcomes
- covering of the issues & proposed methodology
- outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- activity design that includes risk and financial accountability procedures
- the organization’s safeguarding policies ensure protection of beneficiaries
- overall value for money
- Project proposals must be received by midnight (Bucharest time) on Thursday, November 26. Late proposals will not be considered
- Proposals must be submitted using the attached forms only (Project Proposal and Activity Based Budget)
- Proposals must be submitted to RSVP.Bucharest@fco.gov.uk and firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Only the project proposal(s) selected for further consideration will be notified.
The reports to be produced during the course of this project are to be delivered in English:
- an inception note detailing approach and particular aspects of the activities to be pursued and providing wishes for meetings and specifying any additional details
- a draft report
- after a facilitated process of commenting, the final report
Timing and scope of input
It is expected that the project will be delivered by March 2021. The crucial milestones will be the submission of the draft report (February 2021) and the final report (March 2021).
Grant applications must include an estimated budget of up to 48,571 RON. Depending on the quality of the proposals, the British Embassy reserves the right not to grant all or part of the available funds. The Embassy also reserves the right to award a grant of less than the amount requested by the applicants. In such a case, applicants will be asked to increase the amount that they co-finance, to propose other co-financing means or to decrease the total costs without altering the substance of the proposal.
In view of the current epidemiological situation, all events/activities will have to adhere to the guidelines in force at the time the events/activities take place.
- November 12, 2020 at 12:34 pm by Editor (displayed above)
- November 12, 2020 at 12:34 pm by Editor