The British Embassy in Bratislava is seeking a partner to deliver a climate change focused Race to Zero themed event and follow up activity to support Slovak towns, cities and regions to join the UN backed Race to Zero campaign and commit to carbon neutrality.
In November 2021, the UK, together with our partners Italy, will host the COP26 international climate conference. Leaders from around the world will converge on Glasgow to deliver on the Paris Agreement and seek to secure global net zero by 2050. Climate change affects us all and we must all take steps to tackle it. That is why the British Embassy in Bratislava has brought the UN’s Race to Zero Campaign to Slovakia. The Race to Zero is the largest ever alliance committed to achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050. 733 cities, 31 regions, 3,067 businesses, 173 of the biggest investors, and 622 Higher Education Institutions have already joined globally.
The British Embassy has already hosted Race to Zero themed events for business (together with the British Chamber of Commerce) and for universities. We are looking for a delivery partner to deliver a Race to Zero themed event for towns, cities and regions in Slovakia.
Our objective is to support as many towns, cities and regions in Slovakia to join the Race to Zero and commit to achieve climate neutrality as possible. The minimum goal is to secure 15 commitments from Slovak towns, cities and regions to join the Race to Zero.
We are seeking a partner to deliver this goal by organising a COVID secure, engaging and informative event that will:
- inspire municipalities to take action
- educate municipalities on the campaign and how they can join
- advise municipalities on how to create and implement a strategy for a municipality to become carbon neutral
- introduce possible financing opportunities through the Recovery Plan or other sources
- have a sustained impact after the event to secure as many commitments as possible
Read further information on the Race to Zero campaign.
The successful bidder will be expected to provide end-to-end delivery of a conference of up to one day and secure at least 15 commitments to join the Race to Zero from across Slovakia’s towns, cities and regions.
We would expect this to include at least:
- designing the event and programme including identifying topics, speakers and moderators for the discussions
- identifying, recruiting and liaising with participants from across Slovakia, including developing a communications plan
- delivering the event in a Covid-19 secure manner (implementers should outline how they would achieve this (e.g. online/ hybrid/ in person))
- production of a report following the event to summarise the outcome of the discussions and recommended next steps
- design and implement plans to sustain the impact of the event to secure as many commitments to join the Race to Zero as possible
The Embassy will agree in advance with the successful implementer how we will work together to deliver the outcome, including through a pre-arranged schedule of progress updates.
Our preference would be for an event in October 2021. All activity must be completed by 14 March 2021.
We invite bids of up to €20,000.
How to apply
An Embassy programme board panel will assess the bids by 9 August 2021.
The outcome of the programme board will be communicated to all bidders by 13 August 2021.
Key criteria against which bids will be assessed
- we can only grant this funding to non-profit organisations
- feasibility of proposals setting out how this activity would be delivered
- value for money
- alignment with Embassy objectives
- how impact will be sustained after the event
- consideration of how to ensure any event is sufficiently engaging
- consideration of gender balance of speakers and participants. All panels must be mixed-gender
- consideration of environmental impact of the proposal
- consideration of risks to delivery
- July 13, 2021 at 4:56 pm by Editor (displayed above)
- July 13, 2021 at 4:56 pm by Editor