The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Philip Hammond is travelling to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia tomorrow (6 July) for the first Economic and Social Pillar meeting of the UK-Saudi Arabia Strategic Partnership Council.
As part of the government’s on-going support for economic and societal reform in Saudi Arabia, the Chancellor will have a series of meetings with business and political leaders, including the Minister of Commerce and Investment of Saudi Arabia, Dr Majid bin Abdullah Al Qasabi, and the Minister of Finance, Mohammed bin Abdullah Al-Jadaan.
The Chancellor will also be joined by the Minister for Investment, Graham Stuart, and a delegation including David Schwimmer, CEO of the London Stock Exchange Group, and Ken Costa, the Prime Minister’s Special Envoy for Vision 2030.
Vision 2030 is Saudi Arabia’s economic diversification programme.
The full delegation accompanying the Chancellor to Jeddah:
- Graham Stuart – Minister for Investment
- Ken Costa – Special Envoy for Vision 2030
- Sir Ciarán Devane – CEO of British Council
- Sir Anthony Seldon – Special Envoy for Education
- Professor Duncan Selbie – CEO of Public Health England
- Simon Penney – Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner for the Middle East
- David Schwimmer CEO of London Stock Exchange Group
- July 5, 2019 at 2:34 pm by Editor (displayed above)
- July 5, 2019 at 2:34 pm by Editor