Appointment of administrators
On 5 March 2020 Flybe Limited (company number 02769768) entered administration. Alan Michael Hudson, Joanne Robinson, Lucy Winterborne and Simon Jamie Edel of EY have been appointed as joint administrators.
Information for employees
If you’ve been told that you are being made redundant, the information in this section provides advice about claiming money you’re owed and where you can seek support.
Who is eligible?
You can apply to the Insolvency Service for redundancy and other payments if:
You cannot apply to the Insolvency Service if you live in Northern Ireland. Find out about your rights in Northern Ireland if your employer is insolvent.
How to apply
The Administrators will give you details about how to apply and will also give you a case reference number (for example CN12345678).
Once you have this information you can apply online.
What you can apply for
What you can apply for depends on your circumstances. The Insolvency Service can pay:
- redundancy pay: if you’ve worked for Flybe for at least 2 years
- pro rata holiday pay (known as ‘holiday pay accrued’): the leave you were entitled to take between the start of your leave year and the date you were made redundant. If you have already taken the leave you are entitled to, you will not be due a holiday pay accrued (HPA) payment
- holiday pay taken (HPT): if Flybe hasn’t paid you for annual leave you took before being made redundant
- money you’re owed by Flybe, for example unpaid wages, overtime and commission
- statutory notice pay: if you’ve worked for Flybe for at least 1 month
There are caps on what we can pay you for each type of claim. Find out how much we can pay you.
More information about holiday pay
We process and pay holiday pay taken and holiday pay accrued payments separately, so you may receive 2 separate letters at different times about these payments.
Paying your claim
On average the Insolvency Service’s redundancy payments service pays 95% of redundancy and related claims within 6 weeks.
Special arrangements are being put in place to pay sooner if practicable to do so.
Find more information about what we can pay.
Redundancy: help finding work and claiming benefits.
Please don’t contact us about how to claim or to check the status of your application. This will help us deal with everyone’s application as quickly as possible.
Other employee enquiries
In the event that you were an employee of the company and you require any further information or assistance in relation to the administration, please contact the Administrators on 0161 333 2596 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for passengers
All Flybe bookings have now been cancelled. Further information for passengers is available on the Civil Aviation Authority’s website.
Information for suppliers
If you were a supplier or creditor of the company and you require further details in relation to the administration, please direct your enquiries to the Administrators’ office on 020 7951 7801 or by email at email@example.com.
- March 5, 2020 at 11:54 am by Editor (displayed above)
- March 5, 2020 at 11:54 am by Editor