Goods exports from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland increased in 2019, according to new figures published today (Tuesday 17 March) by HMRC.
- England grew 2.0% to £254.0bn
- Scotland grew 4.4% to £33.6bn
- Wales grew 3.0% to £17.7bn
- Northern Ireland grew 2.2% to £9.1bn
Demand for UK goods is increasingly coming from countries outside the EU bloc.
In 2019, the number of businesses exporting goods from the UK to the world totalled 160,400, an increase of 2.6% on 2018.
Notes to editors: All figures quoted are for 2019. [Source: HMRC Regional Trade Statistics: Q4 2019]
- March 17, 2020 at 1:34 pm by Editor (displayed above)
- March 17, 2020 at 1:34 pm by Editor