Local Government Super (LGS) was established in 1997 as the industry superannuation fund for current and former NSW local government employees. The organisation is committed to responsible and sustainable investment, and this includes incorporating environmental practices and social considerations into the day to day management of its direct property portfolio.
LGS has achieved carbon neutral certification (base building) for six of its buildings:
- 1 Perry St, Batemans Bay NSW 2536
- 76 Berry St, North Sydney NSW 2060
- 2-4 Lyonpark Rd, Macquarie Park NSW 2113
- 122-138 Flood St, Leichhardt NSW 2040
- 28 Margaret St, Sydney NSW 2000
- 120 Sussex St, Sydney NSW 2000
LGS has offset emissions generated by its building portfolio by investing in projects that reduce global emissions and deliver additional environmental benefits: LGS has purchased dual credit offset units that combine Victorian biodiversity conservation with international emissions reduction through a wind power project in India.
Public Disclosure Summary
- May 15, 2019 at 11:13 am by Australia Editor (displayed above)
- May 15, 2019 at 11:13 am by Australia Editor