John Taylor will start on 14 January 2021 and Antony Jenkins will start on 5 April 2021 to fill the positions created by the departures of Sandra Boss and Mark Yallop in January 2020 and November 2020 respectively. Tanya Castell will start in her post on 1 September 2021, filling the vacancy created upon the end of David Belsham’s appointment on 30 April 2021. All appointees will serve three-year terms.
The Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, said:
I am pleased to announce the appointments of John Taylor, Antony Jenkins and Tanya Castell to the Prudential Regulation Committee of the Bank of England. I wish them well in their new roles.
Governor of the Bank of England, Andrew Bailey, said:
I am pleased to welcome John, Antony and Tanya to the Prudential Regulation Committee. They bring with them a wealth of experience in banking and insurance and will make a valuable contribution to the work of the Committee. I look forward to working with them in the coming years.
- John Taylor has experience across insurance, pensions and wealth management. He has held various senior positions including at Standard Life, Lloyds Banking Group, and NEST, and most recently was President at the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
- Antony Jenkins was previously Chief Executive of Barclays and is currently a member of the Board of Fannie Mae and Executive Chairman and founder of start-up 10x Future Technologies
- Tanya Castell is an experienced non-executive director having served on multiple boards and committees across a number of organisations, most recently at Handelsbanken, and has held a number of senior positions including at Lloyds Banking Group and UBS
About the Prudential Regulation Committee
The Prudential Regulation Authority supervises banks, insurers and major investment firms. The PRA’s most important decisions are taken by the Prudential Regulation Committee, chaired by the Governor of the Bank of England. Five members are Bank staff, including the Governor and four Deputy Governors. The Prudential Regulation Committee has a majority of external members, including the Chief Executive of the Financial Conduct Authority and six others selected for their experience and expertise in financial services.
With these appointments, the list of PRC members from 1 September 2021 will be:
- Andrew Bailey (Governor)
- Sam Woods (Deputy Governor, Prudential Regulation & Chief Executive of the Prudential Regulation Authority)
- Sir Jon Cunliffe (Deputy Governor, Financial Stability)
- Dr Ben Broadbent (Deputy Governor, Monetary Policy)
- Sir Dave Ramsden (Deputy Governor, Markets and Banking)
- Nikhil Rathi (Chief Executive, Financial Conduct Authority)
- Julia Black (External member)
- Norval Bryson (External member)
- Tanya Castell (External member)
- Antony Jenkins (External member)
- Jill May (External member)
- John Taylor (External member
- December 21, 2020 at 1:17 pm by Editor (displayed above)
- December 21, 2020 at 1:17 pm by Editor