Mothercare in administration: How to claim redundancy or register as a creditor

, , Leave a comment

Information for former employees:

If you’ve been dismissed

If you’ve been dismissed, you might be entitled to redundancy and other related payments from the Insolvency Service.

The amount the Insolvency Service can pay you is subject to legal limits. Find out how much we can pay you

Who is eligible

You can apply to the Insolvency Service for redundancy and other payments if:

  • you worked for these companies under an employment contract
  • you live in England, Scotland or Wales

You cannot apply to the Insolvency Service if you live in Northern Ireland. Find out about your rights in Northern Ireland if your employer is insolvent.

Workers and self-employed contractors who provided services to the company are not eligible to apply. Instead, these individuals should contact the administrator to register as creditors.

How to apply

The administrator will give details about how to apply and will also give you a case reference number (eg CN12345678).

The administrator is PwC. You can contact them by:

Once you have this information from the administrator, you can apply online.

Paying your claim

We always try to pay eligible claims within 6 weeks of receiving the application.

Please do not contact us to check the status of your application until after the 6 weeks have passed. This will help us deal with everyone’s application as quickly as possible.

We’ll contact you directly if we need anything from you.

Getting help with your application for redundancy payments

If you cannot get online to complete the application and need help, you can contact the Redundancy Payments helpline on 0330 331 0020.

When calling, please have your case reference number (eg CN12345678) and National Insurance number to hand. If you do not have a case reference number, please contact the administrator.

Please include your name, your case reference number and your telephone number in your email.

If you need to email us after submitting your claim, please only use the email address you gave on your application form. Otherwise, we won’t be able to respond to you for security reasons.

More information

Factsheet: finding a new job, managing your finances and benefits available to you (PDF, 487KB, 2 pages)

Information for creditors

You’ll need to register as a creditor in the administration if:

  • you haven’t been paid for goods or services you’ve supplied to Mothercare UK Limited or Mothercare Business Services Limited
  • you’ve paid the companies for goods or services that you have not received

To register, email the administrator.

In your email, please include your company details and what you’re owed.

Revision History:


Leave a Reply