Quantum technology is one of the most promising technology industries in the UK, with £235 million committed to its development in the 2018 Autumn Budget. From unhackable networks to cameras that can look around corners, quantum technology could have far-reaching benefits from economic growth to medical applications.
The UK National Quantum Technologies Programme led to the creation of 4 quantum technology hubs, connecting 17 universities with 132 companies to convert research funding into prototypes. However, ensuring the UK’s continued success will require improving on products and processes.
£1 million is available through Innovate UK to fund international partnerships to develop quantum technology research projects through the EUREKA Network in AI and Quantum, a partnership between 10 funding bodies across the world.
The competition aims to support the development of collaborative research and development projects focused on artificial intelligence (AI) or quantum technology and sensing.
Projects must involve at least 1 partner from a participating country of the EUREKA Network in AI and Quantum. These are:
- South Korea
Projects can cover any aspect of quantum technology, last up to 3 years, and begin between January 2020 and June 2020.
Projects must aim to develop:
- innovative products
- technology-based applications
- and/or technology-based services with high market potential in participating countries
- the competition opens on 10 June 2019. The registration close date is 24 June 2019, and the deadline for both Innovate UK document and EUERKA application submissions is 1 July 2019
- organisations of any size may apply, but must partner with at least 1 business from the EUREKA Network in AI and Quantum participating countries
- up to €400,000 (around £354,000) is available per project
- an online briefing event will be held on 14 June 2019 where organisations can find out more about the competition and process of applying
- June 10, 2019 at 10:26 am by Editor (displayed above)
- June 10, 2019 at 10:26 am by Editor