The Awards, organised by the Office for Product Safety and Standards, recognise regulatory organisations, individuals, businesses and trade associations that have achieved positive outcomes through good practice.
From engineers, scientists and technicians working in metrology and testing to individuals in businesses, trade associations and frontline regulators using better regulation tools and principles, the aim is to showcase outstanding work being done to protect the public and help British business comply with regulation.
There are four categories to enter and judges may choose up to three winners in each category.
Entries will be judged under the following areas: outstanding partnership or organisation; champions who have gone the extra mile in their respective field; and impact makers, who have made the biggest difference for their citizens and business communities
Entry is simple, via a 500-word statement that demonstrates how the individual or organisation has made a real difference in protecting their citizens and supporting their business communities, using better regulation tools and principles.
Criteria and entry
- The Awards are open to anyone involved in the delivery of regulation and compliance e.g. local authorities, national regulators, businesses and trade associations
- Individuals, teams or organisations can be nominated; by others and/or themselves
- Entry forms are available here email@example.com or from
- Deadline: entry forms must be returned to the Office for Product Safety and Standards by May 10, 2019
- You can submit entries online or by post. Scanned entries are acceptable.
- Short external endorsements may be included with entries
- No additional material is required, and will not be considered by the judges
Entrants may receive a follow-up call from a member of the OPSS team. Judging and the announcement of finalists will take place in May.
Winners will be announced at a special half-day event in June, when we will hear from regulators and businesses, and have time for networking and refreshments.