The Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) will be exhibiting at a number of livestock, agricultural, horticultural, bee and veterinary shows in 2019.
APHA Veterinary staff will be attending the following livestock industry and agricultural shows:
- NSA Sheep North on 5 June New Hall Farm, Settle, North Yourkshire
- Royal Cheshire show on 18 and 19 June at Clay House Farm, Knutsford, Cheshire
- Dairy UK on 11 September at the International Centre in Telford, Shropshire
- Royal Welsh show (in the Livestock area) on 22 – 25 July in Builth Wells, Wales
- Welsh Winter Fair on 25 and 26 November in Builth Wells, Wales
These shows are an important way for us to meet livestock keepers and answer questions on their animal health and welfare concerns. We can also raise awareness of current disease threats, for example from African Swine Fever, and discuss our Surveillance services and Field Operation work to help vets to detect, diagnose and control both endemic and exotic diseases in livestock.
Anyone can sign up for free disease alerts for exotic diseases.
APHA will be exhibiting at the London Vet Show on 14 and 15 November at the Excel Centre in east London. We attend this annual event, alongside our colleagues from the Veterinary Medicines Directorate, to raise awareness of the veterinary and para-veterinary careers across the Government Veterinary Services network. We also talk to attendees about the range of APHA surveillance, diagnostic and veterinary services.
The APHA Plant Health and Seeds Inspectorate will be attending a wide range of plant/horticulture industry shows to raise awareness of new and emerging plant health threats, changes to legislation and biosecurity best practice.
The shows are as follows:
- RHS Cardiff Flower Show on 12 – 14 April in Bute Gardens, Cardiff
- Fresh Produce Show on 5 – 7 June at the Grosvenor House in London
- RHS Chatsworth Flower Show on 5 – 9 June at Chatsworth House, Derbyshire
- HTA National Plant Show on 18 – 19 June at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
- Fruit Focus on 17 July at East Malling Research, Kent
- Royal Welsh Show (in the Horticulture Pavilion) on 22 – 25 July in Builth Wells, Wales
- RHS Hyde Hall Flower Show on 31 July – 4 August, at RHS Hyde Hall Chelmsford, Essex
- RHS Rosemoor on 16 – 18 August at RHS Rosemoor, Torrington, Devon
- Four Oaks Trade Show on 3 – 4 September in Macclesfield, Cheshire
- South West Growers Show on 2 October at the Matford Centre, Exeter, Devon
- ICL/HTA Horticultural Science Live (Palmstead) – Date and venue to be confirmed.
- Aquatics Trade Show on 16 – 17 October at Telford International Centre
- GroSouth Horticultural Exhibition on 7 November at Roundstone Nurseries, Chichester, West Sussex.
- Futurescape on 19 November at Sandown Park racecourse, Surrey
- British Potato Show on 20 – 21 November at the Yorkshire Event Centre in Harrogate
For further information on the shows page please view the shows websites (listed above) or contact APHA Corporate Communications by email firstname.lastname@example.org for other enquiries.
- May 2, 2019 at 9:15 am by Editor (displayed above)
- May 2, 2019 at 9:15 am by Editor