The Prague Programme Fund is a small and short-term funding mechanism, which allows British Embassy Prague to support local organisations seeking to deliver real and measureable outcomes targeting four primary objectives.
Typical projects should range in value up to CZK 290,000 (with a minimum bid size of CZK 50,000) and should aim to work with organisations from government, civil society and the private sector. All activities must be completed by 31 March 2021.
We are looking for project bids in four areas:
- to raise climate change awareness in the Czech Republic
- to pursue climate change mitigation and adaptation – supporting Czech Republic to meet its UN commitments on climate change
Economic impact of COVID-19
- to help Czech business associations, industry bodies and civil society organisations better respond to the needs of local businesses, particularly SMEs, in surviving the effects of COVID-19 and recovering after the crisis. Activities promoting a green recovery will be prioritised.
International security/hybrid threats
- to build knowledge and understanding of emerging hybrid threats and strengthen the resilience against them in the Czech Republic, particularly in regions which are targets for hybrid threat activity
- to share knowledge and expertise in the area of hybrid threats, including countering disinformation, promoting media literacy and cyber security
- to enhance knowledge and understanding of emerging foreign and security policy issues among Czech communities by through activities to support quality independent journalism on these issues
- to enhance awareness of discrimination on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation or race, building on the UK’s experience
- to support activities which aim to bolster equality
Projects which cover more than one priority are also welcome.
How to bid: submitting project proposals
The Project Proposal Form (including an Activity Based Budget) should be submitted in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8 September 2020.
Please name both the file and e-mail subject as ”Prague Programme Fund 2020: X*X name of the implementer.”
The British Embassy Prague will sign a standard Grant Agreement/MoU/Commercial Contract with all successful bidders. The terms are non-negotiable.
Please read all guidance. Ensure that project proposals are designed and submitted in accordance with guidelines. Proposals that do not meet the guidance and the following criteria will be rejected immediately.
- value for money
- evidence of local demand/need
- project viability, including capacity of implementing organisation(s)
- project design, including clear, achievable objectives/outputs
- good risk and stakeholder management including plans to cope with the effects of COVID-19.
|17 August 2020||British Embassy accepting submissions of Project Proposals|
|13 September 2020||Implementers to submit Project Proposals (including Activity Based Budget)|
|27 September 2020||Embassy announces bidding results to implementers|
|7 October 2020||Binding agreements with financial arrangements are set|
|8 October 2020||Project implementation commences|
|31 March 2021||Implementers to complete all project activities|
- August 17, 2020 at 10:53 am by Editor (displayed above)
- August 17, 2020 at 10:53 am by Editor