- Two-state solution as only way to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Building new Israeli settlements in the West Bank must end at once
- European Union peace initiative needed to resolve the conflict
The “two-state solution on the basis of the 1967 borders, with Jerusalem as the capital of both states” is the only way to achieve lasting peace between Israelis and Palestinians, say MEPs in a resolution adopted on Thursday.
The building of Israeli settlements must stop immediately and completely as they are “illegal under international law, undermine the two-state solution, and constitute a major obstacle to peace efforts”, they add in the text wrapping up a debate held in November with EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini.
A European Union peace initiative aiming to achieve concrete results within a set period and focusing on the two-state solution must be launched to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, MEPs add. They condemn all acts of violence and terrorism attacking or endangering civilians, as well as all acts of provocation and incitement.
#WestBank #Palestine #Israel
- July 27, 2019 at 6:53 am by EU Editor (displayed above)
- July 27, 2019 at 6:53 am by EU Editor