The Senior Traffic Commissioner has today (17 March 2020) issued a Statutory Document setting out the approach that traffic commissioners will adopt in response to the COVID-19 outbreak in Great Britain.
The document includes:
- temporary steps to assist operators who cannot meet the required financial standing levels;
- advice on what an operator must consider if a transport manager is unable to attend work;
- clear guidance on the period of grace process if the requirements to hold an operator’s licence cannot be met;
- information around how the traffic commissioners may approach applications for temporary exemptions to the requirement to hold an operator’s licence;
- guidance on the approach to be adopted for short notice requests around changes to local bus services and reducing the administrative burden on operators;
- guidance on hearings attendance and the postponement of hearings
You are also advised to sign up to our news alert service where further advice will be issued to operators and regular updates will be available as the position changes.
- March 17, 2020 at 8:44 pm by Editor (displayed above)
- March 17, 2020 at 8:44 pm by Editor