The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) is hosting its first national conference.
The conference aims to shine a light on the challenges and dilemmas of protecting vulnerable groups including children, in both workplace and voluntary sector settings.
It will explore how safeguarding partners can contribute to safer recruitment practices before, during and post recruitment, and will focus on the necessary responses when abuse is suspected and disclosed.
The DBS Conference is aimed at professionals that work with or for vulnerable groups including children, such as HR professionals and safeguarding partners from:
- the NHS and other healthcare settings
- the sports industry
- the care sector
- universities/colleges and education
- Local Authorities
The conference will involve a number of expert workshops, including:
- Safe and Fair Recruitment
- Working through the maze of eligibility, regulated activity and DBS referrals
- Safeguarding in Sport – Good practice and how apply it
- Volunteers and Charities – A focus on safeguarding
- Safeguarding in Care Settings – Good practice and how apply it
- Safeguarding in Education – A focus on safeguarding
For more information about the conference including pricing and how to register, please visit the conference website here.
Published 16 October 2019