The aim of this competition is to bring businesses from different foundation industries together to work on common resource and energy efficiency opportunities.
Foundation industries are:
- bulk chemicals
We will fund cross-sector and collaborative research and development projects aimed at improving the productivity and competitiveness of the sectors’ companies and supply chains, and encourage companies to stay in the UK.
Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £5 million in innovation projects for the foundation industries through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
These will be cross-sector, collaborative, fast start, short duration, industrial research and development (R&D) projects.
Your project can focus on any part of the manufacturing process, including:
- feedstock inputs
- material product development
Your project must not focus on fuel switching or technologies for the capture of emissions, such as carbon capture and storage.
Your project must:
- have total eligible costs between £50,000 and £500,000
- be collaborative
- be led by a UK registered business of any size, or a research and technology organisation
- include at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- include at least 2 businesses, of any size, from at least 2 foundation industry sectors
- last between 3 and 12 months
- be ready to start in July 2020
You do not need to be in the foundation industries to lead the consortium.
The competition is open for applications and closes on 5 February 2020 at midday.
There are briefing events for potential applicants:
- 14 November 2019: London
- 20 November 2019: Wales
- 21 November 2019: Northern Ireland
- 22 November 2019: Online
- 27 November 2019: Scotland
- October 30, 2019 at 12:13 pm by Editor (displayed above)
- October 30, 2019 at 12:13 pm by Editor