Vacancies for Inspectors of Marine Accidents (Engineering or Nautical) at MAIB, Southampton
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- deploying to accident sites and leading investigations
- collecting evidence and interviewing witnesses
- conducting detailed analysis in order to identify safety issues and draft recommendations
- writing investigation reports and safety bulletins
- giving evidence at inquests and fatal accident inquiries
You will have either:
- STCW95 A-III/2 (Engineering) Certificate of Competency; or equivalent level electro-technical/systems engineering maritime qualifications; or equivalent Royal Navy qualifications.
- STCW 95 A-II/2 (Deck) Unlimited; or STCW Deck Officer (Fishing Vessel) Class 1 Certificate of Competency; or Royal Navy equivalent qualification – RN STCW II/2.
You will need a full driver’s licence valid in the UK and must be prepared to travel throughout the UK, as well as overseas.
For further information about these posts and how to apply, go to Civil Service Jobs:
Closing date: Friday 29 January 2021.
Published 11 January 2021